Flat tires and flat batteries are most frustrating when you are in a hurry. Finding another driver or a tow truck takes time and money. Having a jump starter and an air compressor can be much helpful in such situations.
These two issues cause the emergency so frequently that a multi-functional tool has been invented. The best jump starter with air compressor doesn’t take much space; yet, it can come in handy in numerous situations.
Just as stand-alone gear, these versatile devices come in different price levels, technical specifications, and offer different options. They can have batteries of more or less capacity, cranking the engine at once or feeding the car’s battery to the level enabling the engine to start. For air compressors, it means faster or slower tire inflating, defining the ability to deal with large diameter tires (e.g. truck or SUV ones).
The jump starters with air compressors can be of different build quality and protection. Depending on that, they can be used in rain or snow, in cold or hot climates, or require less extreme weather conditions. The sturdy well-assembled models emit less noise when working, while the flimsy ones are often quite loud.
Connection to the power source and additional options like an LED screen or automatic switching off / into floating mode also play their part. Scroll down to make aware of our jump starter with air compressor reviews!
Jump Starter With Air Compressor Reviews
The multifunctional jump starter with a peak current of 700A is fitted with a 120-PSI air compressor to inflate tires. Its 24-inch braided and insulated compressor hose has a brass SureFit nozzle that is known for its perfect thermal conductivity. This hose is long enough to reach tires on the largest trucks. The device is designed to top off 12-volt AGM, wet, and Gel batteries. It can jump-start up to V8 engines.
The unit comes in an impact-resistant housing with metal fully isolated clamps that have heavy-duty 3-inch gauge cables. It can become the best portable jump starter and air compressor since it’s designed with a dual USB 3.1 to load 2 devices at a time. Besides, it has a convenient handle with a rubberized grip.
The product’s sizes are 11.75 x 6 x 13 inches, and it weighs 18.86 pounds. The front panel has a power switch, LCD screen, and control buttons. The Light button turns on the display, while the USB button backlights the USB ports. The Air control activates the compressor, and the buttons with arrows increase and lower pressure. The LCD display provides information about voltage, battery status, and air pressure. There is battery clamp storage on the unit’s sides. There are LED lights and air compressor storage on the back panel.
The pack includes clamps and a cigarette lighter adapter to charge the device right from the vehicle.
- The LED lights are bright enough to work in the darkness hassle-free.
- The unit is protected against wrong connections.
- There is no power cord in the pack.
- The clamps are too short to grasp some batteries’ terminals.
Video Dewalt DXAEJ14
The handy design, simplicity of use, and diverse options for dealing with car emergencies make this jump box with air compressor one of the leaders on the list. It features a standard 12V battery and powers the car power bank with steady 1000 Peak Amps. While this number is a medium one in comparison to other similar devices, the cranking power of 500 Amps promises to start any kind of vehicle up to a large size.
The jump starter can also be used as the charger for other devices like a smartphone, fan, etc. It powers 12V through the dedicated DC connection and provides the USB port as well. For the user’s convenience, the device provides a small LED light that can be rotated up to 270 degrees.
The air compressor isn’t too powerful, having 120 nominal PSI. Yet, it works well with semi-deflated car tires, while using it for a flat tire would take much longer. The air compressor is equipped with a pressure gauge, letting control the process and not over-inflate the tire. The supplied air hose is thick, not too flexible, and rather short. Still, it has handy chuck design — screwing on the tip provides a reliable connection with the tire nipple.
- The reverse polarity sensor lets the user know when the clamps are connected incorrectly.
- Regular AC connection is used for charging the device, which can be performed through the standard extension cord.
- The enforced tapered handle is non-slippery and comfortable.
- No overcharge control.
- The clamps have the working part exposed / not covered with insulation.
Video Stanley J5C09
The jump starter outputs 1,100A of peak current, having a battery capacity of 18,000 mAh. It has a 120-PSI air compressor with a 23-inch hose to inflate tires. The inner Clore Proformer battery is exclusively engineered and designed for jump starting, being remarkable for a long lifespan. The jump starter fits all types of farm equipment, trucks, cars, and boats. The manufacturer doesn’t announce the accurate number of jump-starts per charge. However, in my experience, the unit’s battery was still close to full after I had inflated all the tires of my pick-up and jumped it.
The unit has 12 x 8 x 12.8 inches in size. It is made with an output of 12V for chargers and a USB port to power laptops, smartphones, and tablets. There is an On/Off switch and a screen on the front panel. The latter works as a digital voltmeter. The storage for clamps and hooks to wrap the cable are on the sides. The clamps feature a 6-inch AWG cable with a 4-inch gauge. They are long and curved to hold them conveniently. The LED lights on the back help drivers cope with inflating and jump-starting in poor visibility conditions.
- This device’s power can start the vehicle even with a completely dead battery.
- The clamps can penetrate the corrosion on the batteries’ terminals to ensure a tight electrical connection.
- The unit’s weight is 22.5 pounds that is above average.
- The air hose connector’s female end could have better quality. It is challenging to screw and unscrew it from the tires.
This powerful multi-functional tool provides a reliable backstopping solution for cranking the car’s engine or filling its tires within minutes. It feeds solid 1700 Amps of peak power and can crank almost any sedan or SUV engine with 425 Cranking Amps. Its large battery lets it transfer the power efficiently boosting the car’s battery to the point of turning on the engine. The high-capacity battery allows prolonging the jumping process and performing several jumps starts on one charge. But for its high price, it could certainly be named the best jump starter with air compressor.
The Clore Proformer battery mounted on this unit feeds the 12V power without noticeable oscillation while maintaining the optimal operational mode. It can be charged via the regular AC outlet and doesn’t require constant user’s control over the charging process. The automatic sensor system blocks the feed once the onboard power bank is full, preventing overcharge and battery damage. The light indicator shows the status of the charger operations, while it’s safe to leave the charger plugged in.
The compressor is situated on another side of the device, featuring its own interface. It is equipped with a 12-foot long coiled hose fitting easily by means of a screw-on chuck.
- Long wires of a big gauge completed with the sturdy well-insulated clamps.
- The integrated air pressure indicator works precisely.
- The solid rubber foot lets placing the device firmly on any ground.
- It is a heavy device, requiring considerable strength to carry and install.
- The DC outlet fits a limited number of connections.
Video Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR
This compact jump starter with air compressor is highly versatile, providing numerous options for charging other appliances. Its compact size and handy ergonomics design let call it the best car jump starter with air compressor, but for its power specs. It produces 900 Peak Amps, which is enough to crank the engine of the passenger car, while it will take longer to make the SUV flat battery refill to the minimal starting level. Still, the starting power of 450 Cranking Amps is comparable to the specifications of high-power chargers and allows you to quickly start a medium-sized engine. Its 12V lead-acid battery has enough capacity to deal with the different types of car power banks. With 9 Ah, it can both jump start and feed the small-to-mid battery to increase its electrolyte level.
The unit provides charging options for other devices as well. It can feed a tablet or a flashlight through the USB port while offering a separate connection for DC-bound gear. The current flow is stable at 4,5A via USB connection and 150W via the DC port letting you revive a smartphone within a few minutes.
The built-in air compressor fits both car tires and smaller objects like inflatable toys, balls, air mattresses. It blows 150 PSI and can refill the 15-inch tire within 8 minutes. The air hose has a straight design, with the thumb fixing tip.
- Solid fully covered alligator clamps.
- Both AC and DC connections for the battery recharge let keep the device operational under any circumstances.
- Built-in LED light is helpful for jump starting in the dusk.
- The tips of the hose and connection port compartments sometimes go misplaced at closing.
- Short air hose.
At quite a moderate price, this powerful battery jumper with air compressor offers numerous additional options for driving emergencies and household needs. It features different connection ports and can convert the current working as the AC feeder.
With the 1500 Peak Amps of the regular current flow, the jump starter can crank as much as 750 immediate Amps at the car’s battery. Due to this, it easily winds up the regular car, SUV, boat, or RV engine. The integrated 12V lead-acid battery can be charged from the car with the DC plug or refill from the regular network connection. It has the capacity of 18 Ah ensuring several powering applications to be performed, without frequent recharging.
The jump box offers several connection ports for different purposes. There are two AC connections, the DC ports, and USB.
The air compressor emits solid 150 PSI, enough to deal with regular car tires and even pumping up larger ones like small truck’s. It takes 7 minutes on average to inflate the tire to 30 PSI and fits other inflatable objects like balls, air mattresses, toys, and so on.
- Built-in AC inverter lets feed various household and camping gear at 300W.
- The battery status can be checked with one button pressure.
- The pressure gauge is well-readable on the go.
- Not too bright LED light.
- No battery overcharge safeguards.
The solid build and intuitive design supported by the multiple power connections and security options make this jump starter with compressor a valid offer. The unit is quite powerful, charging even large batteries of the trucks with 1150 Peak Amp current. The supplied cables are sturdy 4-gauge wires that transfer the current immediately and safely.
The jump box can power up different appliances. The front panel contains two DC ports feeding 12V to the connected FM tuner or a car vacuum. For digital gear like smartphones or tablets, there are two 2.1A USB connections that can be used in extreme weather conditions due to the specific protection applied.
The unit can be used in the capacity of the AC inverter. It delivers 400W of power at 110V current through each of two AC ports integrated. Switching between operational modes is performed with the button pressure, the corresponding LED light showing, which mode is currently in use.
The built-in air compressor is rated at 100 PSI and has the standard short air hose. However, it provides a gold-plated chuck for the reliable connection, and a set of nozzles to fit various inflatable objects, including a soccer ball pin.
- A high-capacity AGM battery ensures 54 hours of 12V charge.
- Smart battery protection from overcharging.
- Informative and easy-to-use digital panel with display.
- Built-in LED light is fixed and beams at a higher point (nor handy to look for the particular object).
- The unit is rather big and heavy.
Video DieHard 71688
What to Look for When Selecting a Jump Starter?
Shopping for the car jump starter, pay attention to the key features of the jump starter that also affect the performance of the air inflator.
- Corded vs cordless. Corded battery jumpers usually bring more instant power, while the cordless ones are invaluable in the road emergency.
- Peak and immediate Amps. Depending on the car battery and engine size, as well as on the engine type, you might need a jump starter with specs from 150 Amps (regular car petrol engine) to 800 Amps (powerful diesel motor). Pay attention to the voltage as well (it must match the one of the car battery). Check that the jump starter is powerful enough to charge the appliance you intend it to. Read the specs of your car’s battery and ensure there are enough cranking amps at jump starter feed to wind up your engine when needed.
- Safety. Prefer the devices with battery protection, preventing short circuit, overload, reverse polarity issues.
- Size and weight. In an emergency, the ability to react fast can be crucial. Make sure you can take out the jump feeder from your trunk or another place and apply it without much effort.
- Additional options. Saving the dying smartphone battery sometimes can be as important as having a fire extinguisher along. Modern jump starters are often made as multifunctional tools like a battery jump starter with air compressor. The integrated air compressor and the LED light can be handy.
What to Buy a Car Jump Starter with Air Compressor For?
The emergency kit of the regular driver usually features jump-starting devices (like jumper cables or a battery charger), an air compressor, a car jack, wrenches, a source of light, etc. To make things simpler and save more space in the trunk, the modern producers offer the combined devices offering multiple useful options.
Car jump starters with air compressors secure the driver in at least two stranded situations: the drained battery and deflated tire. Assembled in one unit, they do not scatter along the trunk and have less damage risk. The solid build of such gear brings more stability to the device when working.
The only con of such a combination is a large size and weight. They’re much heavier than most of the stand-alone jump starters; so, the ergonomics should be considered.